Breakdown of Florida Smokers Case
What the sick Florida smokers requested in punitive damages from the tobacco industry and what they were awarded:
- Philip Morris Inc.: $75 billion to $118.5 billion requested; $73.96 billion awarded.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.: $19.6 billion to $37.5 billion requested; $36.28 billion awarded.
- Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp.: $15 billion to $22 billion requested; $17.59 billion awarded.
- Lorillard Tobacco Co.: $12.5 billion to $17 billion requested; $16.25 billion awarded.
- Liggett Group Inc. $900 million to $1.8 billion requested; $790 million awarded.
The jury also awarded $1,195,210 from the defunct Council for Tobacco Research and $278,339 from the defunct Tobacco Institute.